- Ready, steady, tossed!
- Launch of 'Get Involved Reading'
- Conference helps inspire communities
- Mutual bonus for John Lewis staff
- Co-op grant improves access for disabled
- Annual RESCUE begins
- International Women's Day marked
- Flower Power for Mother's Day charity
- 100-year-old organ revamped after fundraising decade
- Marathon effort for CLIC Sargent
- Leap of faith for charity skydive
- Ady Williams' Comic Relief gag
- Alzheimer's figures shock
- Foodbank gives lifeline for the poor
Spring smiles were brought out everywhere for the gratuitous pancake races of Shrove Tuesday!
Lent is traditionally a time of self-sacrifice for a higher purpose, and deferred gratification commonly takes the form of altruism, compassion and charitable giving - need is sadly something which never goes away so concern is rightly drawn to the fact that ever more people are becoming dependant upon generosity and goodwill.