- Cuts package pushed through
- RBH operating theatres closed
- Mental health beds move to Reading
- Threat to school after funding pulled
- Park and Ride to close next year
- Recycling centres to be removed
- Tilehurst Youth Club forced into fundraising drive
- Warning to licensees after pair bilk pub bill
- Electronic voting could determine Royal Borough funding
As local and national funding decisions filter through to their end targets in health, education, transport and other frontline areas the debate over whether authorities are 'cutting services to save millions' or 'cutting millions to save services' remains at the forefront of the media mind.
Those in the firing line may not be happy about it, but in the final reckoning and after all the consequences of our choices are explained to us it is still a public decision - and one over which we may get to have an even more direct say in the future!