- Police jobs go in budget cuts
- Complaints about Police increase
- Police join forces for IT support
- Police start cyber-bullying scheme
- Battle-bus launched to tackle gun and knife crime
- Reading set for ladies-only taxi service
Along with an abnormal flurry of reports about violent crimes and trials across the county recent budget cuts have placed the perpetual fight against crime firmly under the spotlight over the course of the past week.
Concern is obviously high that economic hardship will impact the ability to protect the public. So the correct response to reassure us is with a proactive approach to crime reduction - prevention is always better, and cheaper, than a cure!